Been contemplating whether Invisalign is the best solution for your teeth condition? Well, the procedure is one of the most in-demand services many people and even celebrities prefer over other orthodontic options. Besides making sure that it would be the most effective solution for your teeth irregularities, our dentists at Deluxe Dental can perform an initial consultation.
For those who are quite unfamiliar with the procedure, Invisalign uses state of the art technology and materials during its manufacturing process, following the same basis in terms of functionality with the traditional approach. Instead of using metal wires and brackets to move the teeth, a thermoplastic material molded based on the impressions taken from a specific patient is worn over the teeth. The device can be removed at any time needed, but there are a few points and tips to remember to achieve the perfect teeth you have ever wanted.
- Commit to wearing the aligner for at least 20 to 22 hours every day. Dentists recommend patients only to remove it during cleaning, eating, or drinking with the exception of plain water.
- Follow the recommended schedule of the trays’ replacement. It may vary depending on the patient’s condition, but typically it is performed every two weeks. As the trays are provided by set and sequence, make sure to follow the correct order when switching the aligners to avoid any unnecessary discomfort.
- When eating out, it is best to bring a travel size toothbrush to make sure that the mouth is cleaned before popping the trays back in. Make use of the case provided to store the Invisalign properly and to avoid others from mistaking it as trash.
- Brush and floss every after a meal to prevent any complications from developing on the teeth and also to maintain the full function of the trays. Just make sure that frequent snacking is avoided as much as possible to get rid of any hassles and also to maximize the time when wearing Invisalign.
- Soaking the trays in a special solution or water can help in reducing the length of time spent when cleaning the aligner. It can also effectively eliminate bad odors and stains.
- Maintain proper dental hygiene, adequate care, regular cleanings, and checkups to keep the overall oral health in good condition. As much as possible, it is best to avoid any complications for these can jeopardize the treatment and its result. To do so, visit us at Deluxe Dental! We will make sure to care for your teeth and the other oral structures for overall success.
Bring out your best smile with Invisalign in San Diego, CA, book your appointments with Deluxe Dental! Call us to experience an outstanding treatment in making your teeth straighter, beautiful and healthy!