Diastema is a dental condition that refers to the spaces between the teeth. Although it can occur anywhere in the mouth, it is usually noticeable on the two front teeth. In other cultures like Africa, it can actually make a person appear attractive, seductive, and fertile. There are even some celebrities who embrace this gap in their front teeth like Kirsten Dunst, Madonna, and David Letterman.
However, some people view it as something unsightly which is why they try to find ways to fix it. With today’s dental advances, this cosmetic concern can be corrected relatively easy with either braces or veneers. But for people who prefer a more conservative treatment, we at Deluxe Dental believe that dental bonding with the help of BioClear is the ideal choice.
BioClear is a procedure that is performed by the dentist to correct certain teeth irregularities to improve the look of the teeth. Although there are other available options, BioClear stands out for it is an effective solution not only for diastema but the following as well:
- Chipped teeth
- Worn down enamel
- Black triangles
- Uneven teeth edges
- Discolored teeth
- Misshapen teeth
The application of the bonding material is easy. The dentist would make sure that the soft tissues in the mouth are well protected, and any traces of plaque are properly removed. After the tooth is thoroughly cleaned, an etching solution will be carefully applied around it to roughen the surface slightly. Compared to the traditional approach in dental bonding, the BioClear method wraps the tooth around in plastic instead of only the top portion to get a natural-looking and fully functional teeth.
Benefits of BioClear
- Patients who were not happy with their smiles due to teeth irregularities can now enjoy smiling to their heart’s content
- The material it uses is more stain resistant so patients can expect that its natural look could last long
- It effectively corrects minor teeth imperfections for patients to enjoy an aesthetically pleasing smile
- Less invasive compared to other treatment options since it requires less to no teeth shaving
- The application of the bonding material can be completed in a single visit
- Can be easily repaired once damaged
- More durable compared to the materials used traditionally
- Safe for the mouth structures
Ready to achieve the smile you have always wanted with Dental Bonding in San Diego, CA? For more inquiries about the procedure, call us at Deluxe Dental. You can also visit us at 3330 Third Ave., Suite #302, San Diego, CA 92103.