The advances in technology made it possible for anyone to achieve almost anything. With it, people grew accustomed to getting the things they need fast. Buying foods is more convenient with shops available anywhere, getting in a certain place to another is quicker with vehicles, and so much more.
In dentistry, new approaches are being developed continuously to cater to the specific needs of patients. Improving the look of the teeth with cosmetic dentistry or restoring lost or damaged structures with the different restorative options is now easier with modern dental procedures. It is even possible for patients to get crown restorations in a day with the help of CEREC One-Visit Crowns at Deluxe Dental!
CEREC Crowns Procedure: What to Expect
Long waits for the custom-creation of dental crowns in an off-site laboratory is now eliminated with the use of CAD (computer-aided design)/CAM (computer-aided manufacturing) technology! We use an in-office milling machine to create a dental crown in just a few minutes. Do know the function, durability, and appearance of the prosthesis is not compromised with CEREC.
- The dentist will first perform an oral examination and x-rays to determine if a crown is necessary for the tooth.
- Preparations by removing some of the tooth’s enamel will be performed to make way for the placement of the crown.
- Any damaged or decayed portion of the tooth is removed to prevent potential issues in the future.
- Digital impressions will be taken to make sure that the prosthesis would sit perfectly on the restored tooth.
- The CEREC software will create a digital image of the treated tooth. The dentist would then use this as the model for the fabrication of the crown. As soon as the design is finished, it will be sent wirelessly to the milling machine.
- The machine will mill a high-grade, plaque resistant ceramic based on the design given by the dentist.
- After the creation of the crown is finished, the dentist would check if there are any adjustments necessary.
- The ceramic crown would then be bonded on the tooth permanently.
Patients can now come to a dental office needing a restoration, and leave with a permanent prosthesis in the same day!
Let us help you restore your teeth as natural as it was before! Contact us at Deluxe Dental to know more about Dental Crowns in San Diego, CA, or to schedule your appointment!